I’ve been sewing away on my kids’ quilts… I just love the way they are turning out, but when it came time to lay out the blocks, the floor wasn’t cutting it. I couldn’t see it well, so I decided to make a design wall because, you know, all the cool quilters are doing it. I had some cheap batting someone gave me long ago and decided to use it. Well, it did the trick, but it doesn’t hold the blocks up well. Sad face. I had to use pins… with good batting you don’t. So, I assume I’ll eventually bite the bullet and buy the good stuff to go on the wall. Until then, this is how the pink one’s quilt is coming along.
Fun, right! I actually sewed all the rows together today, so I should have a finished top to show you soon. I also finished all of the blue one’s squares. They will be headed to the design wall later.
I also had a graduation party to go to this past weekend. I made this for the graduate. I may have to make one for myself. Tutorial here. It was really easy to do, but I think I’ll try a thicker wire next time. This was a little flimsy.
I’m enjoying getting the creative juices flowing again!